Health & Human Services

The mission of the Gunnison County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to provide prevention, protection, advocacy and support services to Gunnison and Hinsdale County-area individuals and families across the life spectrum so they can have an improved quality of life.

Helpful Resources
Report Child or Adult Abuse or Neglect
To report child or adult abuse, call 970-641-3244 during office hours or 970-641-8200 or 911 after office hours.

Suicide Prevention 24-Hour Crisis Hotline
Please call 970-252-6220 if you or someone that you know is in need of assistance.

The Center for Mental Health is a non-profit community based behavioral health service. Call 970-641-0229 for more information or to inquire about their open access service for same day affordable walk-in care.