The Public Works and Landfill will be closed on the following days. If you have any questions please call us at 970-641-0044.
Public Works will follow the below posted holiday schedules.
2018 Holiday Schedule
Gunnison County Landfill will follow the below listed holiday schedule.
- January 1st - New Years Day
- May 28th - Memorial Day
- July 4th - Independence Day
- September 3rd - Labor Day
- November 12th - Veteran's Day (observed)
- November 22nd - Thanksgiving Day
- December 25th - Christmas Day
The mission of the Public Works Department is
to provide infrastructure construction and management services to residents, visitors and County departments so they can travel on County roads, pursue recreational interests, and enjoy living in a more sustainable environment.
Gunnison County has adopted the standards for road and bridge construction.
Gunnison County Public Works Department issues the following permits:
- Access Permits: An access permit is necessary any time an access will be constructed in Gunnison County.
- Reclamation Permits: Anytime ground is disturbed for construction purposes inside the sage grouse occupied habitat boundary OR if the total ground disturbance is at or above 10,000 square feet outside of the sage grouse habitat boundary.
- Road Cut Permits: For any work done in, through or under a county road.
- Surface Alteration Permits: For any work done on the shoulder or in the right-of-way of a county road.
- Oversize Load Permits: When transporting over length, width, height or weight vehicles on county roads.
- Revocable Right-of-Way Permits: For any type of improvement placed in the road right-of way.
- Gunnison County Standards and Specifications for New Construction of Roads and Bridges: Newest revision is May 2008, cost is $15 plus shipping charges.
- Gunnison County maintained county road maps: Three map set, cost is $30 plus shipping charges
- Access Waiver of Standards
- Private Snow Plowing Agreements
- Street and/or Alley Vacations