Mobile Homes

Moving permits, to move mobile homes over public roads, and Certificates of Authenticity for the transfer of ownership of mobile homes are available in the Gunnison County Treasurer's Office. Contact the Gunnison County Treasurer's Office @ 970-641-2231.  Each mobile home in Gunnison County must obtain a mobile home permit from the Gunnison County Building Officer before it is located on a lot or parcel. Hard copies of a Mobile Home Permit Application can be obtained at the Community Development Department by email or postal mail:
221 N. Wisconsin St.
Gunnison, CO 81230

Mobile Home Permit Conditions

The following conditions must be met before the Building Office can issue a Mobile Home Permit:
  • The mobile home must have been constructed after May 1972, and must bear the Colorado Division of Housing (CDH) seal. Units not bearing the CDH seal must be inspected for compliance with Gunnison County plumbing and electrical codes.
  • Plumbing and electrical permits and inspections, if required, are additional and must be secured from the appropriate agency.
  • The unit must meet applicable county snow load requirements.
  • The foundation for the unit must be designed and constructed according to manufacturer’s recommendations or must be designed according to the recommendations of a licensed Colorado engineer, and approved by the Gunnison County building inspector.
  • Where potential conflicts with the Gunnison County Land Use Resolutions exist, the building inspector may require that the owner secure a land use change permit.
  • In many subdivisions, architectural control boards must review and approve the placement of mobile homes.