Transportation Services
Gunnison Valley RTA provides limited transportation services for seniors, with wheelchair accessible vehicles.  In Gunnison call 970-596-6700 to schedule a ride. Crested Butte residents may call 970-275-4768 to schedule transportation needs. For more information you can visit the Gunnison Valley RTA website.

Guardianship & Conservatorship
The required forms for filing for guardianship and conservatorship in Colorado can be printed from the self-help center on the Colorado State Judicial website (look under “Guardian & Conservator”)

Veteran’s Services
Veteran’s may receive assistance with questions about services or benefits by contacting Gunnison County’s Veteran’s Services Officer, Steve Otero at 970-641-7919. View Veteran Affairs services.

Social Security
For information about Social Security or to apply for extra help with the cost of a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan visit the Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration.

For more information about Medicare visit the Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare.

Dental Care
Region 10 Aging and Disability of Colorado may provide financial support for a dental prevention program that provides oral health screenings, charting, and cleanings for those 60 and better. Stop by the Senior Resource Office for an application or download a Dental Application. To find out more about Dental cleanings offered through the Senior Resource Office please call (970) 642-7300.

The Gunnison County Housing Authority provides information on housing resources, including the Mountain View Apartments (Independent Living for those over 62 years of age). Contact them at 970-641-7900 or visit the Gunnison County Housing Authority.

Health & Human Services
Gunnison County Department of Health and Human Services provides assistance with LEAP, food assistance, Medicaid, Adult Protective Services, Old Age Pension, and much more. Contact them at 970-641-3244 or visit the Gunnison County Department of Health and Human Services Department.

Mental Health

  • In a Crisis? Call (970) 252-6220
  • Depression and mental illnesses require the support of a professional who can provide support and guidance. If you, or someone you know, needs support don’t wait. Call The Center for Mental Health at 970-641-0229.
  • Twelve Step Meetings in Gunnison (AA, NA, and Gambler’s Anonymous) - Meetings vary throughout the week. Call 970-245-9649 or go to for a current schedule and location.

Caregiver Resources
Here is a listing of some of the supports available in the Gunnison area:

  • In-home Care offered by Touch of Care (Private pay or Medicaid) 1-866-874-6115.
  • Caregiver support to include Home Health, Palliative Care contact Nici Graves at 970-641-4254
  • Home delivered meals are available for a fee by contacting (within Gunnison city limits) Young At Heart at 970-641-2107 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM. For areas outside Young at Heart’s delivery area, check out Mom’s Meals.

Heat/Energy Assistance

Visit or call our office at (970) 642-7300 for more information on how such programs like Energy Outreach Colorado, LEAP, and The Community Service Block Grant can provide assistance to you.