Concealed Handgun Permitting - Information
If you are interested in applying for a Concealed Handgun Permit from the Gunnison County Sheriff's Office, please read the following instructions carefully.
You may obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit Application by:
- Downloading and printing out our Application;
- Picking up an application at the Gunnison County Sheriff's Office, 200 N. Iowa, Gunnison, CO 81230; or
- By calling (970) 641-1113 and requesting an application be sent to you.
If you choose to download the application, please download and read the accompanying Concealed Handgun Permit Information Packet thoroughly. It provides all the information you need to know to complete your application
Please drop off your completed application at the Gunnison County Sheriff's Office, located at 200 N. Iowa, Gunnison, CO 81230. A Sheriff's representative will witness your signature at that time.
- Don't forget to include a copy of any training certificate received for the handgun or training course attended.
- Don't forget the check or money order for $100.00 made payable to: "Gunnison County Sheriff's Office" for the processing fee.
- Don't forget the money order only for $52.50 made payable to: "Colorado Bureau of Investigations" or "CBI" for the fingerprinting and background check.
Monday - Friday (except for holidays)
Fingerprints by appointment only - please call to schedule.
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Gunnison County Sheriff's Office
Gunnison, CO 81230
(Voicemail is available 24 hours per day)
Fax: (970) 641-7649