The purpose of the Human Resources Program is to provide workforce planning, employee performance management and management support services to County leadership and departments so they can develop and sustain a high-performance workforce committed to achieving operational and strategic results for customers.
The Human Resources Department:
- Administers the classification and compensation plan
- Assists with personnel recruitment and training
- Maintains compliance with the organization's personnel policies and applicable state and federal employment law. View a copy of the Employee Handbook (PDF).
- Maintains the central personnel records system
- Manages the fringe benefit programs
- Promotes employee relations
- Provides information and analysis of personnel functions to the department heads, elected officials, and the public upon request
Employee Self Service
Through ESS you can view your current and past payroll advices, as well as make updates to your personal information including your address, phone number, email address and/or emergency contact information. You can also update your income tax withholding and your direct deposit information. There is also a paycheck simulator that allows you to calculate your "Take home pay" using different scenarios to gross income, benefit deductions, etc.
There are also forms on our website that you can fill out and provide to Human Resources to update your information, for example:
- Employee Information Change Form (used to update you name, address, phone number, email address and/or emergency contact information)
- W-4 Form (used to update your income tax withholdings
- Employee's Direct Deposit Authorization (to deposit your paycheck into a checking or savings account)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Employee Contribution Form (to change your HSA monthly contribution)
These forms are available by clicking here.
Other Resources and Information
Click any of the below links for their respective document or website.