State of Colorado Agencies
- Colorado Examining Board of Plumbers: Information about obtaining plumbing permits online, and plumbing standards and how to contact the plumbing inspector who serves the Gunnison / Crested Butte area.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment: Regulations that address water quality, air quality, hazardous waste containment, public facilities, consumer protection, and other public health-related issues.
- Colorado Department of Transportation: Information about procedures, standards, and permits for building access (driveways) from private property to state highways.
- Colorado Division of Minerals and Geology: This division is responsible for mineral and energy development, policy, regulation, and planning and is comprised of the Office of Mined Land Reclamation and the Office of Active and Inactive Mines.
- Colorado Division of Water Resources: also known as the Office of the State Engineer, administers water rights, issues water well permits, represents Colorado in interstate water compact proceedings, monitors stream-flow and water use,
approvesconstruction and repair of dams and performs dam safety inspections, issues licenses for welldrillers and assures the safe and proper construction of water wells, and maintains numerous databases of Colorado water information.
- Colorado Division of Wildlife
- Colorado State Electrical Board: Information about obtaining electrical permits online, installation standards, and how to contact the electrical inspector who serves the Gunnison / Crested Butte area.
- Colorado State Forest Service, Gunnison Office: Colorado State Forest Service offers technical assistance and information to private landowners who want to be good stewards of their land. The agency does not manage campgrounds, have jurisdiction over public lands, or sell recreational licenses.
- State of Colorado: Official site of the State of Colorado, with links to municipalities, counties, all state agencies.