Permit Database


If you have questions, please call our office at 970-641-0360.

Online Access to: 

  • Oil and Gas Projects- (OG
  • Planning Projects-(LUC
  • Building Permits-(BP
  • On-Site Wastewater Treatment System Permits-(OWTS) and older permits (ISDS)
  • Licensing-Marijuana Cultivation, Manufacturing & Testing -(MJ)

Gunnison County Community Development Permit Database.

The Permit Database is the Community Development database for use by the public to search and view applications, permits and attachments. The database includes Oil and Gas, Building, On-Site Wastewater Treatment Systems (septic systems,) and Land Use Change permit files.


  1. Open - Permit Database- ( AKA- Public Access)
  2. Select - Public access
  3. Choose Permits - for Building or ISDS (septic systems) permits
  4. Use-BP when searching for Building Permits and Use ISDS when searching for older Septic Permits and OWTS for newer systems
  5. Choose Projects - for Land Use Change projects and Oil and Gas projects
  6. Use-LUC when searching for Planning Projects and Use OG when searching for Oil and Gas Projects
  7. Choose Licenses - for all licensed septic installers and cleaners
  8. Search by:
    • Application Number
    • Address
    • Owner
    • Project Name
    • Primary Contractor
    • Parcel ID


 The attachments tab will bring you to the documents in the file, click on view to open the attachment and view it.

You may print this attachment after you have opened it by clicking on print.

Oil and Gas Projects

  1. Open- Permit Database
  2. Select Public Access
  3. Choose-Projects
  4. Choose- Application Number
  5. Use- OG for a list all Oil and Gas Permits
  6. If you are looking for a specific permit- call our office at  970-641-0360 and we can look up an application number up for you. 
  7. Select -on attachments to view the documents


To view a map of all permitted oil and gas projects in Gunnison County you may use the COGCC GIS website link.