Local Intervention & Treatment Resources
- If you or someone you care about is having suicidal thoughts, call The Center for Mental Health Emergency Services number at (970) 252-6220. Anytime, 24-hours a day, Seven days a week. There is no cost.
- For substance abuse treatment please contact The Center for Mental Health at (970) 641-0229.
- For Gunnison and Crested Butte Alcoholic Anonymous Meetings call (970) 641-6056. Gunnison meetings are held at The Last Resort, 114 N. Wisconsin Avenue and Crested Butte meetings are held at the Congregational Church at 403 Maroon Avenue
- For tobacco cessation information call or visit the QuitLine 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- To get a "quit kit" please call Margaret Wacker at Public Health (970) 641-7913 and visit Tobacco Cessation resources.
- For information on the free taxi service in Gunnison call Gunnison's SAFERIDE (970) 209-RIDE.
Prevention Research and Policy
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- National Institute of Drug Abuse - The Science of Drug Abuse and Addiction
- Office of Nation Drug Control Policy
- Drug Policy Alliance - An organization working to end the war on drugs
- Rocky Mountain Center for Health Promotion and Education
- The Prevention Center. A library and information center that provides access to a broad range of substance abuse prevention and health promotion topics
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- University of Minnesota - Alcohol Epidemiology Program
- Higher Education Center for Alcohol - Drug Abuse and Violence Prevention.
Websites for Parents
- Time To Act- How to tell if you your teen is using.
- Teen Safe - advice on talking with teenagers.
- Safety 1st - A reality based approach to prevention targeting parents and educators.
- Parents. The Anti-Drug
- Alcohol Free Children - for parents, community and educators.
- MADD - Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Kid Source - provides a parent's guide to prevention issued by the Department of Education.
- NIDA for Teens - the science of drug use- geared towards teens.
- Drug Alert - A resource for alerting the public about certain drugs and dangers
- Lakeview Health Systems - Alcohol Abuse Resource Article
Websites for Teens
- Own Your Choice - Youth based website on owning your own choices
- Above the Influence
- Free Vibe - a site providing drug facts and other education on substance abuse.
- NIDA for Teens - the science behind drug use.