Choice Pass Scholarships
Scholarship Guidelines 2018:
GCSAPP is pleased to announce Choice Pass Scholarships are supported by the Daniels Fund and the Choice Pass Community Fund a component fund of the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley. Applications are now being accepted. The application deadline is November 2, 2018 for scholarships to be awarded on November 9, 2018 .Please mail or hand deliver any scholarship applications to 200 E. Virginia Ave, Gunnison, CO 81230.
- Awards may be 50-100% of the financial assistance requested for activities by applicants. Once scholarships are awarded and paid; decisions are final.
- Scholarships are limited to a one time award for the 2018-2019 year per applicant.
- If the scholarship recipient breaks their Choice Pass pledge over the course of the year they will be required to complete 10-20 hours of community service to pay back their scholarship.
- Organizations will invoice GCSAPP for the full amount of the activity fee, pass, membership, or rental gear.
- Recipients will be responsible for the paying the balance to the organization.
Choice Pass Scholarship Application Requirements:
Applicants must complete the Choice Pass Scholarship Application and turn it in based on the deadlines listed above.
- Applicants must provide proof of financial need by obtaining documentation from various community resources available such as a pay stub, any type of public assistance, or free/reduced lunch and a brief statement of need.
- Applicants referred by Juvenile Services must submit a letter of support from Director, Janet Reinman, to demonstrate their financial need.
- Applicants are required to sign “a scholarship agreement form” requiring them to complete a thank you letter to the Choice Pass Committee and any donation of gear to local businesses. The letter will include any updates of the award winner on how the benefits of scholarship have helped them prior to April 30, 2017. All required letters may be mailed to 200 E. Virginia, Gunnison, CO 81230.
- Recipients who do not meet all the application requirements will not be eligible for awards in future years.
Choice Pass Scholarship Review Process:
The Scholarship Review Committee is comprised of the Choice Pass Committee; a group of volunteers in the Gunnison Valley. The Choice Pass Committee will meet after November 2nd to review applications and announce scholarship awards by November 9, 2018.
- Applications will be reviewed “blind,” without applicant names visible to ensure fairness.
- Award information will be held confidential, only shared between GCSAPP and the applicants receiving the award.
Download Your 2018/19 Choice Pass Scholarship Application- English
Download Your 2018/18 Choice Pass Scholarship Application- Espanol
The Choice Pass Community Fund is a component fund of the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley.