Healthcare Advocacy Team
Effective September 1, 2017. Direct Path (formerly known as Patient Care) will no longer be providing healthcare advocacy services for Gunnison County.
Previously, Direct Path Advocates helped employees of Gunnison County navigate through the health care system and become better more informed consumers of health care. The focus of each Advocate was to help members understand their benefits and make informed health care decisions.
Replacing Direct Path advocacy services will be CoreSource Connect, an advocacy team directly related to CoreSource. CoreSource Connect will provide 24/7/365 member support. Their Care Champions are ready to assist you and help put your mind at ease. The advocates are skilled professionals at resolving in-depth benefit questions and/or issues. You will get the most out of your benefits by contacting CoreSource Connect. The number is 877-848-9984 and is located at the top of your Member ID card.
Covered employees and their enrolled dependents will have full access to the Advocates.
Benefits Questions & Issues:
- Claim status and appeals
- Understanding medical bills & explanation of benefits (
- Explain pharmacy benefits
- Answer Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA and COBRA questions
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Connecting to YourCARE health & wellness team
- Assisting with elder care issues for children of aging parents
- Helping you get the most out of all your benefits
- ID Cards
- Retirement benefits
- Voluntary workplace benefits
- Negotiating out of pocket expenses
Clinical Guidance & Questions:
- Connect with a registered nurse
- Guidance and support with acute care issues
- Education on diagnosis and treatments
- Medical decision support to help direct you to
appropriatelevel of care
- Assistance for pre- and post-doctor visits