Assistance is available to low-income families and individuals as a monthly benefit to help pay for food expenses. Only U.S. citizens and legal resident aliens are eligible for the Food Assistance Program.
Applications are available in English and Spanish and can be brought into the County office to be processed. You may also apply online. If you already receive food assistance you may check the status of your benefits by creating an online account through PEAK.
For more information, visit the Colorado Department of Health and Human Services Food & Energy website.
Local Food Pantries:
The Gunnison Food Pantry is open:
- Mondays from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Wednesdays from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Thursdays for Seniors 65+ from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Gunnison Food Pantry Address:
321 N. Main St. Suite C
Gunnison, CO 81230
The Crested Butte Food Bank is open:
- First Thursday of every month, 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM, or by appointment.
Crested Butte Food Pantry Address:
625 Maroon Avenue
Crested Butte, CO 81224
For Hinsdale County Food Bank information please visit the Hinsdale County Public Health website or you may call the County Public Health office at (970) 944-0321.
For additional food resources:
- Call 2-1-1 or visit the 211 website
- Call the Hunger Free hotline at (855) 855-4626