** 12/01/2020 UPDATE **
As of 12/01/2020, the Events Review Team will resume approvals for events up to 50 outdoors and 25 indoors. Please note the following:
- At this time, all events and gatherings will be required to complete the Event Risk Mitigation Application (the Self-Certification Form will be temporarily inactivated until further notice).
- We are currently Blue on the Gunnison County Coronameter with additional restrictions based on our State Dial status, Level Yellow.
- Please visit covid19.gunnisoncounty.org for updates. In addition, get your questions answered at the next Virtual Town Hall Meeting held every Thursday from 4:00PM to 5:00PM. Click this link to sign up or to watch previously recorded meetings.
Thank you for your support in keeping our community healthy, safe, and open.
Events Review during the COVID-19 Pandemic
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Gunnison County Health and Human Services convened an Events Review Team and developed a process for events and gatherings to keep our Valley healthy, safe, and open.
What are defined as events or gatherings during this pandemic?
An event is defined in the 10th Revised Gunnison County Public Health Order as “a gathering for business, social, or recreational activities, or a location that engages in or allows for such activities; that takes place indoors or outdoors, including, but not limited to, community, civic, public, leisure, or sporting events; parades; concerts; festivals; assemblies; conventions; fundraisers; restaurants (regardless of capacity); community recreational centers; ice rinks; and similar locations and activities”.
Additional Information about the Event Risk Mitigation Application (ERMA) and Self-Certification Form
These tools are consistent with the 7 Commitments of Containment, standing public health orders, and general public health best practices to reduce risks and transmission of COVID-19. Please be aware that all approved events and gatherings are subject to change based on the Coronameter and public health order requirements under the current status, including requirements set by the Public Health Director.
Events Risk Mitigation Application (ERMA)
- An initial review can take up to 10 business days.
- Follow-up questions or suggested revisions will be communicated via email. Please keep in mind that follow-up questions/clarifications will add time onto the review process, please be as detailed and thorough as possible.
- We encourage event planners to add firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact to prevent emails going to spam.
- To complete and submit ERMA, please click here. You will have the option to create an account and save your progress.
Please note: as of 11/16/2020, the Event Review Team inactivated this option to correspond with restrictions to event sizes and local mitigation measures.
If you are unable to complete the ERMA online form, please email the Events Review Team for an alternative option.
Events Information and Resources
The Events Information and Resources (EIR) document is a compilation of several tools and resources, with hyperlinks to websites to assist planning your event. Links include current local public health orders and state executive orders, as well as a link to the Gunnison County COVID-19 website that has additional resources.
The Events Review Team is available to help if you are planning or thinking of planning an event. Please email email@example.com for additional information and support or to schedule a phone consultation. Click here (PDF) to download the EIR Document or use the links to the right.