Forms & Fees

  1. Vehicle Forms
  2. Bonding Packets
  3. Sales Tax & Fees

Vehicle Forms and Related Resources

All forms below are maintained by the Colorado Department of Revenue. The list below will reference common forms and their use. To download the most up to date version of a form, visit the CDOR Website here and search by form number (e.g. 2170). For any questions contact the Motor Vehicle Office at (9870) 641-1602.

CDOR Forms (click to open)

  • Trustees Statement for Certificate of Title - DR 2170: When titling a vehicle in the name of a trust in Colorado, this form must be completed by the trustee(s) and submitted with the title documents.
  • Statement of One in the Same - DR 2421: Used when the customer's name that appears on their identification differs from how their name appears on a title.
  • Power of Attorney for a Motor Vehicle Only - DR 2175: Used to appoint an individual or entity to act as your attorney-in-fact to apply for an original or duplicate certificate of title, transfer title, or record a lien.
  • Persons with Disabilities Parking Privileges Application - DR 2219: Application to receive a license plate or placard for persons with disabilities. See the Persons with Disabilities tab on the Titles & Registration page here.
  • Non-Use of Vehicle - DR 2303: Used when a vehicle will not be used on public roads for a period of time (e.g. a project or seasonal motorized vehicle).
  • Statement of Fact - DR 2444: Used to provide additional information. A perjury statement is included.
  • Bond Statement Guide & In Lieu of Bond Affidavit - DR 2394: The Bond Statement Guide is used in the "Title or Salvage Title Established by Surety Bond" process. It is a detailed statement from the applicant outlining the reason for bonding to establish title. The Older Vehicle in Lieu of Bond is used in the "Title or Salvage Title Established by Surety Bond" when the vehicle is over 25 years of age. Bill of Sale must be less than 45 days old.
  • Application for Title and/or Registration and Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship - DR 2395: Used to apply for new Titles or Registrations for new/used motor vehicle or trailer purchases. The Joint Tenancy with Rights of Survivorship is used for legal co-ownership of property (also known as survivorship). At the death of one co-owner, the surviving co-owner becomes sole owner of the property. Transfer of Ownership requires a copy of a death certificate and signature of survivor.
  • Duplicate Title/Lien Request and Receipt - DR 2539A: Used to obtain a duplicate title from the Colorado Motor Vehicle Division. Must be submitted along with payment.
  • Verification of Vehicle Identification Number - DR 2698: Used to verify a vehicle VIN is correct and unaltered. Must be submitted at time of new registration.
  • Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Pursuant to Small Estate Proceeding - DR 2712
  • Supplemental Secure and Verifiable Information and Attestation Clause - DR 2842: Used to obtain required secure and verifiable identification from the purchaser of a vehicle for the purpose of obtaining a title and registration. This form is attached to other required title or registration documents when applying for a title or registration.