Child Care Assistance Program Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for CCAP?

Come by the office to obtain an application. To complete the application process ALL required documents are needed.

What documents do I need to submit in order to apply?

1) Immunization records for each child requiring care.
2) Original birth certificates for each child requiring care.
3) Original social security cards for each child requiring care.
4) Pay stubs/ wage verification for the past three months of employment for both parents.
5) Current work or school schedule.
6) The name of the person or center providing care for your children.

How much will I have to pay?

The parent fee is based on your income, household size and number of children in CCAP care and is subject to change upon receiving prior notice form the county. The parent fee listed on your authorization will be due to the provider on the first day of each month. You must sign in and out at your provider AND use the CCAP swipe machine and your CCAP card to mark your CCAP child(ren)'s attendance.

Can I use my own childcare provider?

Families enrolled in the Gunnison County Child Care Assistance Program can choose their own provider as long as the selected provider has an open fiscal agreement with Gunnison County CCAP. If you need help finding a CCAP provider please contact Human Services at (970) 641-3244. They hold the most up to date CCAP list of providers.