Well Permits

Colorado Division of Water Resources

Gunnison County does not issue well permits. Well permits are issued by the Colorado Division of Water Resources. (A licensed well driller should be contacted to obtain a permit to drill a well through the Colorado Division of Water Resources.)

Contact- Denver office 303-866-3581 or Montrose office-970-249-6622

The division's website has a wealth of information online for individual property owners who have wells or will need to be applying for well permit. Colorado Division of Water Resources